Friday, August 19, 2011

No sleep till.....

We have been a house full of zombies. You know when people tell you that raising kids is always in steps. Once you get the first one memorized the next step goes and F's it all up for you. We have been working on a step for about 2 months now and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on!

A week before I was done with work (end of May) Sadi stopped sleeping through the night. We have multiple options to choose from as to why this would happen. She was given antibiotics for an ear infection (let her try to fight it for 10 days before giving it), her teeth started tearing through her gums, the doc told us we could give her yogurt so we started giving cheeses and yogurt as well as more solid foods.

All of these things could contribute. So, we took out the antibiotics. They were finished 2 months ago. No issues there. We continued to think it was her teeth and it would slow down. No such luck. I hear that kids go through these phases, but this kid looks like she is rithing in pain when I go in to get her in the middle of the night. She also does it when sleeping with me, so we know it's not from missing her mama.

I have a week and half left to go before I have to go back to work. Hopefully there is some miraculous cure to our sleep woes and things will get better. I hope. You should hope too, because I am not a very "with it" or nice creature when I'm tired.

I was one of those girls who could sleep (and still can) for 15 hours strait. I'd get up to pee or have a little snack, but right back to bed. I LOVE sleep. That should show how much I love my little Sader-tot. I gave up one of my favorite things in the world for her, to have her, to show a little person how amazing this world can be.

Now...if I can just show her how amazing a whole nights sleep can be. ugh!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment