Tuesday, July 2, 2013

No bake Lactation granola bars

These are so good, and requested frequently. Here is the info you've all been looking for in one simple link.

What you'll need:
1 cut peanut butter (sunbutter or almond butter may be substituted for allergy or preference)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey (raw has more health benefits than traditional and less complex sugars

2 cups rolled oats
4-6 tbsp. brewers yeast (use a low bitters or bitters removed for a less bitter flavor, but I've never noticed a huge difference)
1/2 cup ground flax

These ingredient amounts can be altered to your liking
Nuts and seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, hemp, almonds, pecans, peanuts, etc)
Dried fruit (raisins, cherries, apples, etc)


melt together peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey until smooth.
remove from heat.
mix in other ingredients.
 pour into a deep pan.
 freeze for an hour.
 remove.
cut into bite size pieces
store in fridge to avoid melting

eat as often as you like, unless you start seeing over production. Then slow down! They are addicting. ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Do you know if I can substitute nutritional yeast for the brewer's yeast? I'm not lactating but a friend told me these bars are excelent. They look really nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could. If I don't have it, I omit that ingredient. The recipe is really flexible. Watch your consistency. When it's warm, you'll want your mix to be like chunky peanut butter.
      You can change the ingredients, adding more of one thong, less of another. Os really versatile.

      Delete
  2. Can I you something besides coconut Oil? as when I use that I get horrible stomach cramps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any oil would do, or you could omit the oil all together, it might need a bit more but butter to mix the other goodies in.

      Delete